1. What you need to get started
Before using Echo to control your smart devices, make sure you meet the following conditions:
An Echo device, including Echo or Echo Dot.
An Amazon account.
Smart Life app and related account.
2. Add devices in Smart Life app (Refer to App Instruction)
You can skip this part if you've already added some devices to your Smart Life account, and in the meantime the devices' name are easily recognised.
2.1. Download Smart Life app (Refer to App Instruction)
You can scan the QR code on the manual or search 'Smart Life' in either App Store or Google Play to install the app.
Note: 'smart life' app is just a app name (for example), you can download your app.
App Store Google Play
2.2. Register a Smart life account and sign in the app (Refer to App Instruction)
Open the Smart Life app, tap 'Register' to register an account, then sign in the app.
2.3. Add device and change devices's name (Refer to App Instruction)
Sign in with the Smart Life account, add the device, then change device name to a easily recognised word or phase, like 'bedroom light'.
3. Set up Amazon Echo and enable Smart life Skill
User can configure Echo through web or Alexa app.
Search 'Amazon Alexa' in App Store or Google Play to install the app.
We take app configuration as an example. Configuration through web and app are basically the same.
3.1. Link Smart Life account to Alexa
1. Tap 'Skills' in the hamburger menu, then search 'Smart Life'. Select 'Smart Life' and tap 'ENABLE' to enable the Skill.
2. You will be redirected to the account link page. Type in your Smart Life account and password, don't forget to select the country/region where your account belongs to. Then tap 'Link Now' to link your Smart Life account. The country /region, the account, and the password must match with the exact content in Step 2.2.
4. Control your smart devices through Echo
4.1. Discover devices
Echo needs to discover your smart devices before it controls them. You can say 'Alexa, discover devices' to Echo. Echo will discover devices which have already been added in the Smart Life app.
You can also tap 'DISCOVER' to discover the smart devices. Discovered devices will be shown in the list.
NOTE: every time you change the device's name on Smart Life app, Echo must re-discover before you control them.
4.2 Control devices by voice commands
Now you can control your smart devices through Echo. You can use the following commands to control your devices (e.g., bedroom light):
Alexa, turn on/off bedroom light.
Alexa, set bedroom light to 50 percent.
Alexa, brighten/dim bedroom light.
Alexa, set bedroom light to green.
Alexa, set bedroom light to warm white.
Alexa, set air conditioner to 24ºC.